transition |tranˈzi sh ən; -ˈsi sh ən|







transition |tranˈzi sh ən; -ˈsi sh ən|nounthe process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another : students intransition from one program to another | a transition to multiparty democracy.
Literature- passage in a piece of writing that smoothly connects two topics or sections toeach other.
Music - a momentary modulation from one key to another.
Physics - change of an atom, nucleus, electron, etc., from one quantum state to another, with emission or absorption of radiation.
verbundergo or cause to undergo a process or period of transition.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bee Line Rt.16 Memoirs: The Assistant Chef Pt. 1


 Bee Line Rt.16 Memoirs: The Assistant Chef Pt. 1

About 7 yrs ago there was a young man who was a very bright, cheery, and giddy spirited. I mean - this guy was pleasant, and he had a smile and something borderline-corny-to-say to every person he came across in a day's time.

If you looked down he would immediately and directly let you know, and he would go into the reasons of life and why he is so happy.

It was as if he we hustling happiness. Imagine that a drug dealer dealing a drug called -'happiness'. And even more I listened when he spoke, he always left me in wonder, in thought about many different things.

Well, a few weeks ago...


Low and behold he boards the bus. I immediately braced myself for his energy which was much higher than mine (it seemed). As I braced myself I saw the look on his face as he boarded the bus, his shoulders low, face rested. He quietly boarded the bus and with seats to sit, he stood alone. He seem to be very different. So I said hello to him expecting him to remember our conversations and discussions, expecting him to wake out of his stupor and greet me with his huge smile and wiggly humor. But instead he only nodded his head, smiled slightly, and lip synced a hello.

I was sort of dumbfounded, and there was a sense of worry in me- for him. What happened? Where did all the things he cared about go? Where did his passion retreat to? Where was his 'happiness'?

2 nights ago he boarded the bus and it was only the two of us except for another female elder sitting in the front of the bus. So I said hello to him again, stressing his name in hopes that he wold reason with a show of effort. Instead he only nodded his head, slightly smiled, an lip synced a 'hello'.

So I couldn't help myself I reached out to him and asked him by name raising my hands with my palms up- expressing confusion, What happened to you brother, where did you go?

To be continued...

No comments: